Before you begin installing the firmware. However, this is an official update so you will not lose any data. But you should take a backup of your data because you don't want to lose it. Well, the process is pretty easy, you have to install an app and fill out the registration details. Within 24 hours you may get the update if Samsung selects you.
This tutorial employs the use of ODIN flashing tool. So you should be aware of using it. Make sure that your phone is charged to at least 60%. You can read this tutorial about http://ikkemunandar.blogspot.com /2015/06/manually-update-us-cellular-galaxy-s6-to-android-5111-lollipop.html" target="_blank">using ODIN.
How To Install Android 6.0 Beta On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Galaxy S6 Edge
For UK Users Only
- Make sure that your device's model should be SM-G920F or SM-G925F.
- Your phone's firmware should have a BTU product code otherwise you will not get the update. You can install this app to check the BTU code.
- Now after checking the BTU code, download and install the Galaxy Care app from the play store.
- Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Keep swiping until you see "Participate Galaxy Beta Program" and tap 'Join'.
- Finally tap the 'Registration' button at the bottom and agree to license terms.
- That's it, you may receive the android 6.0 beta OTA on your phone within the next 24 hours.
For Non-UK UsersIf you live outside of UK or your Galaxy device doesn't have the BTU code then you have to first flash the BTU file on your phone before you can get the android 6.0 beta.
- Your phone model should be SM-G920F or SM-G925F and it should be unlocked.
- Download the BTU code for Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Flash the file using ODIN.
- Now follow the 'Step 3' and onwards in the 'UK Users Only' section above.
- You can get the android 6.0 beta OTA update within 24 hours.
If you do not get the android 6.0 beta update even after following this tutorial then Samsung may not have chosen you. But you should try the above tutorial to become a beta tester for Samsung.