WhatsApp Chat History on Samsung Lost
WhatsApp is a great cross-platform application which enables to exchange messages, videos, photos and audio files via wifi/3G/4G connection without having to make a payment. More and more Samsung users tend to share files and even do business on it. It would be frustrating if the important WhatsApp chat history lost/deleted accidentally. Sometimes, the reason which cause the messages lost is just unknown.
Indeed, there is no necessity to worry too much. It has great possibility to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from Samsung phone/tablet if we act fact enough. In this article, I will show you different ways and tips to recover lost WhatsApp videos and photos from Samsung galaxy devices.
Part 1. Regain Lost WhatsApp Messages from Backup
Option 1. Recover recent WhatsApp Chat History
Since WhatsApp has the function of automatically creating backup everyday at 4:00 pm(system time). The lost WhatsApp messages, attachments which generated less than seven days old can be recovered from the automatic backup. What you’ll need to do is uninstalling WhatsApp messager and then reinstalling it by using the same phone number. When you re-install the program, you will be prompted to restore your WhatsApp messages history, then tap “Restore”.
Option 2. Restore Older WhatsApp Messages
As uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp can only recover WhatsApp chat less than seven days old, to restore older WhatsApp messages and attachments, you need to manually rename the backup files:
- Uninstall WhatsApp
- Locate the destination backup folder you need to restore.
- Rename the file from”msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt7” to “msgstore.db.crypt7”.
- Re-install WhatsApp, and click “Restore” when prompted.
Tips & Notes:
- The automatic backup for WhatsApp are only valid for seven days.
- You will lose all of the newest chat history that you have sent and received since the backup was created.
- It is wise to keep a copy of the newest WhatsApp Messages and make a manual backup for WhatsApp: Go to Menu Button-> Setting -> Chat Setting-> Backup conversations.
Part 2. Directly Restore WhatsApp Chat History on Samsung
Failed to restore WhatsApp messages by above ways? Don’t get too tensed, in this section, I will introduce the easiest way to directly recover deleted/lost WhatsApp chat messages without losing newest chat as long as the WhatsApp chat haven’t been overwritten.
To start with, you need to get a Samsung WhatsApp Recovery software named Jihosoft Samsung Data Recovery to help you do the job. It is specially dedicated to directly restore lost/deleted files like WhatsApp messages and attachments from Samsung to PC/Mac. It supports most of Samsung phones and tablets, like Samsung galaxy s6/s6 edge/s5/s4/s3/note 2/note3/note 4/note 5 etc. With it, you will get back the lost WhatsApp chat history with a few clicks, check the detailed steps:
- Plug the Samsung device to your PC/Mac with USB cable, then run it.
- Select “WhatsApp Messages & Attachments” option to continue.
- Enable developer options to let the program access your Samsung device.
- Click “Start” to scan after the device detected.
- Preview and retrieve the recoverable WhatsApp by tapping button “Recover”.
Note: this software can only exert itself on restoring WhatsApp messages that haven’t be overwritten. Thus, stop using your device immediately once the WhatsApp messages lost.