Here are some How To's for your Nokia Lumia 720. These How To's may still not yet complete and I am still working on the others:
How to Hard Reset Nokia Lumia 720
There are two ways on how to reset your Nokia Lumia 720, it can be through the hard reset or soft reset. When you say hard reset it involves on the hardware part, so you need to remove the battery of you Nokia Lumia and reinsert it. Then turn on your device normally. This should refresh the content of your device but will not remove any data.
Software reset will return your device to its default settings. Like a brand new phone, no information or data saved on your device. This procedure will erase all your data save on your phone.
If your Nokia Lumia is frozen, it is recommended to perform the Hard Reset.
You can soft reset your Nokia Lumia in two ways. By accessing it through settings or doing the hard key combination.
Resetting through the settings:
Go to Settings > About > reset your phone.
Hard Key Combination:
Use this option if your device is locked and you don't know the code.
Note: Make sure that your Nokia Lumia is turned off.
Step 1. Press and hold the power key until it vibrates then release.
Step 2. Press and hold the down key volume. If the exclamation mark will be shown on the screen, you can now release the button.
Step 3. You need to input these key combination:
Volume Up > Volume Down > Power > Volume Down.
Your phone will reset and will boot up automatically. This might take a several minutes.
How to Import Contacts From Old Phone to New Phone (on iPhone, Samsung, HTC and Nokia)
Contacts is very important for everyone of us. We can't connect to our friends without a contact number. If you have a new phone, saving contacts on the phone one by one is so hassle. But now, there's an easy way how to transfer or import your contacts from your old phone to your new phone.
Use your PC to transfer contacts to your new phone. This process is applicable in several phone brands, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC and Nokia.
You just need an Internet Connection on your PC, your old and new phone and their own USB cable.
Then you need to install the PC Companion program. This is a free application and the installation files are already saved on your new phone. This program can also be used in updating your phone software.
Please note that if you are using the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system on your PC, make sure that the AutoPlay setting is enabled.
To check your settings:
Click Start > Control Panel, then type "autoplay" on the search box. Click the AutoPlay, and mark the check box Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
Installing the PC Companion:
Turn on your new Phone and connect it to your PC.
On your new Phone, tap "Install" to install PC Companion on the PC.
On your computer, if a pop-up window that appears notifies you about available PC Software, select Run Startme.exe.
Then click Install to start the installation and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
If you are not prompted with a pop-up window to install the PC Companion, you can also download the PC Companion here.
Transferring your contacts to your new phone:
Make sure that PC Companion is installed on your PC.
Open the PC Companion application on your PC.
Then click Contacts Setup and follow the instructions to transfer your contacts.
How to Extend Battery Life of Nokia Lumia 720
Battery Life depends on how you use your device. For Nokia Lumia 720 device, if you want to save your battery to last longer hours, you may need to adjust your settings. Follow these suggestions:
• Turn on the power-saving option on the device. Then lessen the screen brightness and the screen lock timeout. On the Home Screen, swipe left, then tap on the Gear Icon or Settings > Battery saver.
- Be reminded that when your phone goes into battery saver mode, you may not be able to change the settings of all apps.
- If you want to change the settings of the Battery saver, tap on Advanced.
• Turn down your device volume with the volume keys.
• Close any apps or features when you are done using it so they will not continuously running in the background.
• Turn off the network connection if you are out of range so that your device will stop searching for a network signal.
• You should use the latest version of the software update. Software updates improves some features and fixes some bugs on the previous software version.
• Turn off the camera flash.
• The camera viewfinder can be a power drain, so after you've finished taking photos, press the left arrow key.
How to Take a Screenshot on Nokia Lumia 720
Did you just created a nice piece of art on your new Nokia Lumia 720 phone? Or perhaps you've just personalized your screen and want others to know how you've come up with it.Well, take a screenshot and brag it to your friends. Here's how you can capture a screenshot of your Nokia device.
1. Press on the Power key on the right side of the phone and the Start key simultaneously for a few seconds.
2. To see the screenshot, tap on Photos, the Albums and select Screenshots.
3. Tap and hold the screenshot you wish to send and then tap on share on the options.
There you have it. You've just captured a screenshot.
How to Scan Codes on Nokia Lumia 720
Nokia's latest installment of smartphone, the Lumia 720, allows you to scan QR codes, barcodes and book and DVD covers. Your device will give you further info after you scan the codes. Here's how you can make use of this feature.
1. First, you need to tap the Search icon
2. Then tap on
3. And point the camera at the code. Make sure to keep the camera steady on the code and should be completely visible in the camera viewfinder.
How to Make a Conference Call on Nokia Lumia 720
Conference calling is a network service. The maximum number of participants involve in a conference call varies by network service provider. Nokia Lumia 720 supports conference call between two or more people. Well, here's how you can make a conference call using your Nokia Lumia 720 phone.
1. Call the first participant of the conference call.
2. To make a call to another person, press , and make the call in the normal way.
3. When your call is answered, just tap merge calls icon.
4. If you want to add another person to the call, just tap add call icon, then call another person and tap merge calls icon.
Now, if you want to have a private conversation with someone while you're on a conference call, just tapprivate call iconand the person's name or number. The conference call is put on hold while other participants continue the conference call. Tap onmerge calls icon to return to the conference call.
How to Make Your Nokia Lumia 720 a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Smartphones these days can now share its mobile data connection and act as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot. And like those high-end gadgets, Nokia Lumia 720 is sure to let you experience the benefits of making it as a portable Wi-Fi hotspot. Here's how you can make your Nokia Lumia 720 phone the next Wi-Fi hotspot.
1. On your Start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings.
2. Then select Internet sharing.
3. Switch the Sharing to On.
4. If you want to change the name of your connection, tap Setup > Broadcast name, then enter the name.
5. If you want to secure your Wi-Fi hotspot, then you can also type in a password for the connection.
6. Then select the connection on the other device.
Wait for few seconds and your phone will start broadcasting its WiFi network name. Now you’re ready to connect your other device to your portable mobile wifi hotspot.
Note: The other device uses data from your data plan, which may result in data traffic costs. For info on availability and costs, contact your network service provider.
How to Track and Delete Files Remotely on Your Lost Nokia Lumia 720
Did you lose your phone? Or misplaced it? Worried about your files? So many questions but only one answer. Go to www.windowsphone.com. In this site you can track your Windows phone, delete your files, make your phone ring, and locked your phone to show a message to return it.
Find my Phone will make your life easier to find it or it can also prevent other person from using it without your consent.
How to Track your Phone / Map Location:
Go to www.windowsphone.com.
Point your mouse on "Explore My Phone" and click Find My Phone.
Sign in with the same Microsoft account you used to sign in on your phone.
If you are not seeing the latest location of your phone, click Refresh.
You can also print the hard copy of your phone location, just click Print.
Click Center on Map if you lost the location of your phone.
How to make your phone ring:
While you are sign in on www.windowsphone.com, click on Ring.
Just follow the instructions to make your phone ring.
How to Erase your phone:
While you are sign in on www.windowsphone.com, click on Erase.
If you are sure to erase your phone, click on Yes! Erase my phone immediately check box.
To confirm click Erase.
How to Lock your phone and show a message:
While you are sign in on www.windowsphone.com, click on Lock.
Just follow the instructions to lock your phone ring.
If you don't have a password then you need to create one, you will use it to unlock your phone if you get it back.
How to Delete or Uninstall an App on Nokia Lumia 720
Deleting apps on your phone can free up your phone memory storage. So if think you're phone is a bit too crowdy and if some apps lurking in it deserves to be out of your phone memory then you might want to consider uninstalling those apps you no longer want to use. Here's how you can clean up and uninstall an app on Nokia Lumia 720.
1. On your device's start screen, swipe left to the all apps menu.
2. Then simply tap and hold an app and tap uninstall. Take note that you might not be able to remove some apps especially those that came with your phone.
As easy as that. If you wish to reinstall the app without buying it again, then you can do as as long as it is available in Store.
How to Personalize the Start Screen on Nokia Lumia 720
Do you want to get easy access on your most-used apps? Then pin your favorite apps, websites, contacts and much more right on your Nokia Lumia 720 start screen. Here are some ways on how you can personalize your start screen and make it look neater.
To pin an app:
1. On your device's screen swipe left to go to the apps menu.
2. Then tap and hold the app you wish to pin on the start screen.
3. And tap pin to Start.
To pin a contact:
2. Then tap and hold the contact you wish to pin on the start screen.
3. And tap pin to start. By pinning your a contact on the start screen, you'll be able
to see their feed updates on the tile and you can call them directly from the
To pin a website:
1. Go to a website that you want to access instantly .
2. Then tapand choose pin to start.
To move a tile:
1. Just tap and hold the tile.
2. Then drag and drop it to the new location and finally tap the screen.
To resize a tile:
1. Tap and hold the tile you want to resize
2. And tap the arrow icon.
To unpin a tile:
1. Tap and hold the tile.
2. And tap
How to Download Apps on Nokia Lumia 720
Do want to jampacked your Lumia 720 with cool apps and games. Then try checking out their own version of app store to download free apps, games and other stuff for your Lumia 720 phone. Here's how to download those stuff on your phone.
1. First tap the Store iconon your device.
2. Then tap an item to view its details like the price, description, rating and etc.
3. If the said item has a price, tap buy or if its available for free at a limited time, tap try. If its free, go ahead and tap install.
4. If you're not signed in to a Microsoft account, then sign in now.
5. And just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
When the download is complete, you can open or view the item, or continue browsing for more items at the store. But even if you're still downloading the item, you can continue to browse for more items and even add an item to your download queue. To view your download queue just tap the download notification at the bottom of the main view. If you want to pause the downloading, tap and hold the downloading item and tap pause. Tap resume to continue the download.
How to Create a Start Screen for Kids on Nokia Lumia 720
With Kid's Corner feature on Nokia Lumia 720, you can now let your kids use your Lumia phone without worrying that they might delete important files on your phone or purchase apps without your consent. Just create their own start screen and personalise it with their favorite apps or games. Here's how to create a start screen for your kids on Nokia Lumia 720.
1. On your device's start screen, swipe left and tapSettings.
2. Then tap on Kid's corner.
3. Now you can create a fun and safe start screen for your kids. Choose which content your kids can use and even create a password so they can't access your own start screen.
4. To let your kids buy game points or define a Wallet PIN, you must enter the Wallet PIN to make each purchase. To define a Wallet PIN, swipe left on the start screen and tap Wallet >> settings+PIN.
5. To turn off kid's corner, swipe left on your start screen and tap Settings. Then switch kid's corner off.
If you want to go back to your own start screen just press the power key twice and swipe up on your own lockscreen. To go back to kid's corner, swipe left on your start screen and swipe up on the kid's lockscreen.