1. Press on the Power key on the right side of the phone and the Start key simultaneously for a few seconds.
2. To see the screenshot, tap on Photos, the Albums and select Screenshots.
3. Tap and hold the screenshot you wish to send and then tap on share on the options.
There you have it. You've just captured a screenshot.
How to Scan Codes on Nokia Lumia 520
Nokia's latest installment of smartphone, the Lumia 520, allows you to scan QR codes, barcodes and book and DVD covers. Your device will give you further info after you scan the codes. Here's how you can make use of this feature.
1. First, you need to tap the Search icon
2. Then tap on
3. And point the camera at the code. Make sure to keep the camera steady on the code and should be completely visible in the camera viewfinder.
How to Make a Conference Call on Nokia Lumia 520
Conference calling is a network service. The maximum number of participants involve in a conference call varies by network service provider. Nokia Lumia 520 supports conference call between two or more people. Well, here's how you can make a conference call using your Nokia Lumia 520 phone.
1. Call the first participant of the conference call.
2. To make a call to another person, press , and make the call in the normal way.
3. When your call is answered, just tap
4. If you want to add another person to the call, just tap, then call another person and tap
Now, if you want to have a private conversation with someone while you're on a conference call, just tapand the person's name or number. The conference call is put on hold while other participants continue the conference call. Tap on to return to the conference call.
How to Make Your Nokia Lumia 520 a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Ever imagine how you can make your own Nokia Lumia 520 a WiFi hotspot? Well, sure you can. This feature allows for your other devices to pick up your mobile hotspot settings on your Nokia Lumia 520. This is more preferable when you’re in public trying to locate a WiFi connection. Nokia did not mention how many devices can connect to your Nokia Lumia 520, but usually it is 6-8 devices. Check out these steps for easy, convenient and a money-saver internet experience.
1. On your Start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings.
2. Then select Internet sharing.
3. Switch the Sharing to On.
4. If you want to change the name of your connection, tap Setup > Broadcast name, then enter the name.
5. If you want to secure your Wi-Fi hotspot, then you can also type in a password for the connection.
6. Then select the connection on the other device.
Wait for few seconds and your phone will start broadcasting its WiFi network name. Now you’re ready to connect your other device to your portable mobile wifi hotspot.
Note: The other device uses data from your data plan, which may result in data traffic costs. For info on availability and costs, contact your network service provider.
How to Find a Lost Nokia Lumia 520
Losing a phone is sort of a matter of life and death these days especially if you have confidential files on it. If you misplaced your phone or someone has stolen it, then keep calm and follow the steps below so you can locate your phone and lock or delete all data on it remotely. All you need to have is a Microsoft account on your phone.
1. On your computer, laptop or tablet, go to www.windowsphone.com
2. Then sign in using the same Microsoft account as on your phone.
3. Choose find my phone. From there you can:
> locate your phone on a map
> make your phone ring even if its in silent mode
> lock your phone and set it to show a message so it can be returned to you
> delete all data from your phone remotely
How to Uninstall an App on Nokia Lumia 520
Deleting apps on your phone can free up your phone memory storage. So if think you're phone is a bit too crowdy and if some apps lurking in it deserves to be out of your phone memory then you might want to consider uninstalling those apps you no longer want to use. Here's how you can clean up and uninstall an app on Nokia Lumia 520.
1. On your device's start screen, swipe left to the all apps menu.
2. Then simply tap and hold an app and tap uninstall. Take note that you might not be able to remove some apps especially those that came with your phone.
As easy as that. If you wish to reinstall the app without buying it again, then you can do as as long as it is available in Store.
How to Personalize the Start Screen on Nokia Lumia 520
Do you want to get easy access on your most-used apps? Then pin your favorite apps, websites, contacts and much more right on your Nokia Lumia 520 start screen. Here are some ways on how you can personalize your start screen and make it look neater.
To pin an app:
1. On your device's screen swipe left to go to the apps menu.
2. Then tap and hold the app you wish to pin on the start screen.
3. And tap pin to Start.
To pin a contact:
2. Then tap and hold the contact you wish to pin on the start screen.
3. And tap pin to start. By pinning your a contact on the start screen, you'll be able
to see their feed updates on the tile and you can call them directly from the
To pin a website:
1. Go to a website that you want to access instantly .
2. Then tapand choose pin to start.
To move a tile:
1. Just tap and hold the tile.
2. Then drag and drop it to the new location and finally tap the screen.
To resize a tile:
1. Tap and hold the tile you want to resize
2. And tap the arrow icon.
To unpin a tile:
1. Tap and hold the tile.
2. And tap
How to Download Maps on Nokia Lumia 520
Are you a certified travel addict? Then why not download and save maps of your destinations right on your phone before you hit the road. By doing this, you can travel the world while browsing your map guide even without an internet connection. Here are the steps on how you can download maps on Nokia Lumia 520.
1. On your device's start screen, swipe left and tap Here Maps, then tap on.
2. Now select on download maps. Make sure that you're WiFi is on and is connected to a network.
3. After tapping download maps, tapand select the country or region.
To delete a map just tap download new maps. Then tap and hold the map you wish to get rid of and finally tap on delete.
How to Download Apps on Nokia Lumia 520
Do want to jampacked your Lumia 520 with cool apps and games. Then try checking out their own version of app store to download free apps, games and other stuff for your Lumia 520 phone. Here's how to download those stuff on your phone.
1. First tap the Store icon
on your device.
2. Then tap an item to view its details like the price, description, rating and etc.
3. If the said item has a price, tap buy or if its available for free at a limited time, tap try. If its free, go ahead and tap install.
4. If you're not signed in to a Microsoft account, then sign in now.
5. And just follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
When the download is complete, you can open or view the item, or continue browsing for more items at the store. But even if you're still downloading the item, you can continue to browse for more items and even add an item to your download queue. To view your download queue just tap the download notification at the bottom of the main view. If you want to pause the downloading, tap and hold the downloading item and tap pause. Tap resume to continue the download.
How to Create a Start Screen for Kids on Nokia Lumia 520
With Kid's Corner feature on Nokia Lumia 520, you can now let your kids use your Lumia phone without worrying that they might delete important files on your phone or purchase apps without your consent. Just create their own start screen and personalise it with their favorite apps or games. Here's how to create a start screen for your kids on Nokia Lumia 520.
1. On your device's start screen, swipe left and tapSettings.
2. Then tap on Kid's corner.
3. Now you can create a fun and safe start screen for your kids. Choose which content your kids can use and even create a password so they can't access your own start screen.
4. To let your kids buy game points or define a Wallet PIN, you must enter the Wallet PIN to make each purchase. To define a Wallet PIN, swipe left on the start screen andtap Wallet >> settings+PIN.
5. To turn off kid's corner, swipe left on your start screen and tapSettings. Then switch kid's corner off.
If you want to go back to your own start screen just press the power key twice and swipe up on your own lockscreen. To go back to kid's corner, swipe left on your start screen and swipe up on the kid's lockscreen